Eating for wellness can be transformative. It can improve overall health and that means different things to different people. For some it could mean weight loss, reduced inflammation, improved blood sugar levels, stronger immunity, and vibrant energy. For others it could mean thinking clearer, remembering more, feeling happier and even experiencing a mild state of euphoria.
The FOOD 101 University Program is a 5-week program of educational classes intended to transform our relationship with food. The information presented is historically proven and scientifically based. The program is flexible enough to make it personal to everyone’s unique set of health circumstances and lifestyle. It has the ability for participants to move at their own pace and design individual plans for wellness.
The 5-week FOOD 101 Program includes:
- 4 classes with support materials + FOOD 101 workbook with recipes
- Group discussions and lecture
- Participatory cooking and eating
- Group exercises
- Weekly health monitoring
- 1 private nutritional counseling appointment
Participants will be able to:
- understand your relationship with food
- identify areas of improvement
- design their own health goals
- identify how different foods affect the body differently
- learn how changing food choices can make a difference
- understand why current diet advice doesn’t work
- apply basic healthy cooking techniques to everyday meals
- adopt time saving and flavour enhancing tips and tricks to food
- bring it all together and design a plan that fits your lifestyle
- achieve and protect your health goals.
- include family and friends and adapt to your environment
- recognize that it’s not about perfection, but about progress.
For continuing support, participants can join a new online facebook community to provide each participant with a positive and safe place to connect with like-minded people who are all on a similar journey.
The FOOD 101 Program and online community, support those who want to cultivate a healthier lifestyle through food, healthy habits, and community.
2019 WINTER DATES
February 9, 16, 25, March 2, 9
Saturdays, 11 – 2 pm
Optimal Wellness Clinic Niagara
28 Hiscott St, St Catharines
February 4, 11, 25, March 4
Mondays, 7 – 9:30 pm
Optimal Wellness Niagara Clinic
28 Hiscott St, St Catharines
COST: FOOD 101 UNIVERSITY $399 + HST.
For more information, call Program Director + Culinary Nutritionist, Lynn Ogryzlo, 905-658-4941 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the FOOD 101 UNIVERSITY Program Registration + Intake Form here. Payment due 14 days prior to program start.
Wellness is not about perfection. It’s about intention and effort. When you bring that intention and effort into every single day, that’s where transformation happens. That’s how change occurs.
This plan is not intended to diagnose or manage disease nor to provide specific or general medical advice. Its intention is solely to inform and educate. For the diagnosis or management of any disease please consult your physician.